Call for the Court of Justice of the European Union Traineeship (Paid)
Deadline: September 30, 2014; April 30, 2014
The Court of Justice of the European Union invite qualified individuals for this year’s Traineeship. Every year, the Court of Justice of the European Union offers a limited number of paid traineeships of a maximum duration of five months. Traineeships are generally undertaken in the Research and Documentation Directorate, the Press and Information Service, the Directorate-General for Translation or the Interpretation Directorate.
Interpreting traineeships last from 10 to 12 weeks and are addressed to newly qualified conference interpreters whose language combination is of interest to the Interpretation Directorate.
- The trainees have the possibility to perfect their interpreting skills, particularly in legal interpreting, through the preparation of case-files, terminological research and practical exercises in a silent booth.
- Applicants, who hold a degree in law or in political sciences (majority content, law) or, for traineeships in the Interpretation Directorate, a diploma in conference interpreting.
- be citizens of a Member State of the EU;
- have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU, and a good knowledge of a second. A good knowledge of French is however highly recommended.
The deadlines for applications are:
- 30 September for traineeships starting 1 March to 31 July.
- 30 April for traineeships starting 1 October to 28 February.
- Applicants should download and fill the form
- Applicants must submit a detailed CV, copies of diplomas and the application form by post to:
Human Resources Unit of the Court of Justice of the European Union
Bureau des stages
For more information, visit Court of Justice of the European Union Traineeship.