Deadline: September 1, 2014
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the 32nd Fujitsu Scholarship to attend the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program taking place in Japan and other locations Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore. The scholarship supports your development as a global leader by funding your participation in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program.
Hone your leadership vision with this specialized program, with multi-campus network of Japan, Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore. The diverse student body and rigorous curriculum will stretch you to be your best, and prepare you to lead your organization to success in the 21st Century.
The Fujitsu Scholarship provides full financial assistance for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation. The program has three and a half months curriculum. The participants will sharpen their global management knowledge and skills, and build the confidence necessary for success in global business situations.
The Fujitsu Scholarship benefits include;
- Tuition and Fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge. Fujitsu Scholars will participate in the Winter term from February 22 to June 5, 2015.
- Stipend Toward Living Expenses
- Airfare: Fujitsu Ltd. will provide a round-trip air ticket to Japan where the program starts and ends, as well as ticket to participate Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore Modules of the program. The selection of the air carrier and travel agent, including itinerary, is at the discretion of Fujitsu Ltd.
- Housing Arrangements: JAIMS will assist in locating appropriate housing in Honolulu for participants. Fujitsu Ltd. will provide and pay for participant accommodations in Japan, Thailand, and Singapore.
- Visa Arrangements: When applicable, participant will be assisted in obtaining the M-1 Student visa to enter the U.S. and Japan entry visa for a short stay. The expense of obtaining the visas is the financial responsibility of the participant.
However, the Fujitsu Scholarship is offered with the expectation that you meet the conditions here.
To apply for the Fujitsu Scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree or a degree equivalent to a four-year standard baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
- A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred) at the time of application
- A minimum TOEFL score of 577/233/90 (paper/computer/Internet), TOEIC score of 750, or IELTS (Academic) overall band test result of 6.5 or higher from tests taken between September 2009 and August 2014. The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English proficiency test score:
- Applicants whose native language is English and who are from either the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor’s or advanced degree within the last five years from an accredited or recognized college or university in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, or Singapore. Contact us for the proof of document required.
- Applicants must be a resident of the state of Hawaii, U.S.A., or a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Applicants who are residents of the State of Hawaii will be requested to prove Hawaii residency.
Please note that the requirements for applying to Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without Fujitsu Scholarship and with Fujitsu Scholarship are different.
For those applying for Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge without receiving Fujitsu Scholarship, please apply to the program following the instructions on the Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation website.
For those who would like to participate in Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge with Fujitsu Scholarship, please check qualifications. The application for Fujitsu Scholarship must follow the instructions here.
For more information, visit Fujitsu Scholarship.