Deadline: July 23, 2014
Applications are now invited from interested youth worldwide for the position of Rapporteur – to attend the upcoming 15th University of Youth and Development taking place in Euro-Latin-American Youth Centre (CEULAJ), in Mollina (Málaga-Spain), from 21st to 28th September, 2014 on the theme, Youth Opportunities. The UYD is a gathering of youth organisations representatives worldwide to discuss, train and be trained as well as to take political action around the main issues of the global agenda.
In addition to receiving flight tickets and accommodation, the Rapporteur will receive a fee of 1000€ at the end of the conference. Full details of the position and requirements are below.
In 2014, the University on Youth and Development will celebrate its 15th edition, under the joint theme “Youth Opportunities” and renewed hopes and aspirations, objectives and challenges are shared with partners to reinforce this space as the home of the Global Education and of the Global Youth Movement.
The UYD is an activity organised by theNorth-South Centre of the Council of Europe, the Spanish Government (INJUVE), the European Youth Forum (YFJ), the Spanish Youth Council (CJE) and other international youth organisations.
About the Position – The UYD General Rapporteur
The UYD General Rapporteur is a key element of the UYD team. He/she has a good understanding of the global youth movement and the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship and is able to interact with partners and participants, to collect the necessary information to develop a general report of the UYD.
All applicants must comply with the following criteria:
- Be aged between 18-35;
- Be motivated by global youth work;
- Have good writing skills, ability and experience in summarising and reporting different messages;
- Have a good command of English. Knowledge of other languages is desirable (Spanish, French, Arabic);
- Involvement in previous editions of the University on Youth and Development (as participant, volunteer, trainer, organiser) and/or other Universities of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship, will be considered an asset.
- Have previous experience as editor/co-author of publications in the Youth field;
- Be committed to take part in the entire duration of the activity, for preparatory work and necessary follow-up.
- Write a summary of the activities developed in the framework of the University (Seminars; Trainings; Meetings; Joint Programme Activities) that includes background information, objectives, profile of participants and main outcomes and follow-up;
- Collect notes of speakers’ presentations and discussions (from joint session on Youth Opportunities and other joint sessions);
- Interact with the participants in order that his/her work reflects the diversity and richness within the University (collecting testimonials);
- Prepare a brief output of the University to be presented in the closing session;
- Be available from 19th to 28th September and for some preparatory work (mainly through Skype and email);
- Attend the partners’ meetings during the UYD (first on September 19th at 16.00);
- Present a proposal of index/structure during the University, to be discussed with partners. It should include also reference to the joint theme, 15 years’ celebration and the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship;
- Write a report (30-40 pages max.)1 to be submitted up to six weeks after the event (by the 3rd of November, the latest) and be available to include feedback from partners;
- Be available to attend the Evaluation Meeting of the 15th edition (TBC November, 2 days);
- Work closely with the UYD team (including joint programme, media, coordination and band);
The rapporteur will be supported by the organisers, in particular by the Programme Manager for Youth Co-operation of the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe, to ensure that the report is produced according to the UYD objectives, the partners’ expectations and the proposed content.
Other Technical Details (Benefits and Preparations)
The University on Youth and Development will take place in Euro-Latin-American Youth Centre (CEULAJ), in Mollina (Málaga-Spain), from 21st to 28th September;
- Travel arrangements will be made by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe for pre-paid flight tickets;
- Board and lodging will also be provided by NSC at the CEULAJ;
- The Rapporteur is expected to arrive at the CEULAJ/Mollina on the 19th September (morning) and departure on 28th September;
- The working languages of the University shall be English and Spanish;
The Rapporteur will receive a fee of 1000€ (one thousand euros) for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned tasks. The payment of the fee will be done up to 4 weeks after submitting the final report.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send the enclosed application form to the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe by the 23rd of July, by email: [email protected]. The selection results will be announced by July 31st 2014.
Selection will be based on the motivation and experience of the applicants with regard to the above-mentioned criteria.
For more information, download the 2014 Call for UYD General Rapporteur.