Deadline: On a rolling basis
Are you a nonprofit leader? The Atlas Corps Fellowship could be the opportunity for you. Atlas Corps is a 12-18 month professional fellowship offered three times a year for nonprofit leaders from around the world. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations located either in the United States or Latin America working on issues that complement their expertise. Fellows develop their leadership skills while sharing best practices and supplement daily knowledge with theoretical topics presented in the Atlas Corps Nonprofit Management Series.
About the Fellowship
Atlas Corps is an international network of nonprofit leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st century challenges. Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 12 to 18 month, professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global changemakers.
The U.S. Fellowship begins in January, May, and September, while the Latin American Fellowship begins in March and September. Each Fellowship begins with a one-week orientation program, followed by 50 weeks at Host Organizations. Fellows return to their home countries immediately after the program ends.
You can apply to become a Fellow if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Spanish proficiency (for the Latin American Fellowship only)
- Age 35 or younger when the Fellowship begins
- Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship.
Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis for classes that begin in January, May, and December.
Priority deadlines for US Fellowships are as follows:
- For January Class – apply by July 15
- For May class, apply by November 1
- For September class – apply by March 22
Priority deadlines for Latin America Fellowships are;
- March Class – apply by October 15
- September Class – April 15
Applications are accepted year-round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.
Fellowship Provisions and Benefits
- Program-related international travel (U.S. Fellows only)
- Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (housing, food, transportation)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
For more information, click here.