Deadline: July 31, 2014
The UN Women Executive Director is calling for nominations to include two youth representatives to the Global Civil Society Advisory Group (GCSAG). Young professionals between 18 and 25 years of age with a strong a record of accomplishment in areas related to gender equality and women’s empowerment are encouraged to apply.
In 2012, the Executive Director of UN Women established her Global Civil Society Advisory Group as a consultative forum, and a platform for regular dialogue. The Global Civil Society Advisory Group is constituted from among eminent civil society professionals, whose expertise the Executive Director will consult as necessary. The Executive Director of UN Women is now calling for nominations to expand the Global Civil Society Advisory Group by two youth representatives.
Objectives of GCSAG
The overall objectives of the Global Civil Society Advisory Group are:
- To foster dialogue and engagement with a view to advance global goals of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- To enable the Executive Director to consult with civil society and draw upon the rich and diverse expertise, experience, outreach and networks, perspective and knowledge that civil society can offer.
- To serve as a consultative forum of ideas and strategies for UN women’s programme.
- To serve as an advocacy coalition for UN Women
Selection Criteria for two youth representatives:
The candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- GCSAG membership criteria (in Annex II);
- be a youth representative with a record of accomplishment in areas related to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Aged between 18 and 25.
How to Nominate
- Candidates or organizations who wish to nominate individuals must fill out the “Candidate information” form (in Annex I) and submit a detailed CV of the nominee.
- Nominations should be sent to [email protected]
For more information, visit: Global Civil Society Advisory Group Youth Nomination.