European Competition 2.0 for Internet Technologies and Applications
Deadline: September 12, 2014
The Ed2.0Work European project is looking for Teachers around Europe who are using technology to enhance their teaching to apply for the European Competition 2.0 for Internet Technologies and Applications in Teaching. The competition asks teachers to make short (2.30 minute) videos about the practice and technology they use.
There are prizes in the form of Amazon book vouchers and the overall winner will have an expenses paid trip to present their idea at the European Conference in the Applications of Enabling Technologies conference in Glasgow
- Amazon vouchers:
- Winner: €250
- Runner up: €150
- All entries will receive participation certificates (providing valid email addresses have been received)
- All entries will receive, by email, Logos for display on websites/blogs.
- The Winner will be invited to present at the final conference in Glasgow on 20 & 21 November 2014 (reasonable expenses paid). If the winner cannot attend, then the runner up will be invited (please note, only flights originating within Europe can be funded).
- The competition is open for teachers around Europe who are using technology to enhance their teaching.
- Each person can enter a maximum of 3 entries, only one entry per person may win a prize.
- The technology used much is free and widely available either
- By submitting an entry you must agree that the video you submit and content you make is available with a Creative Commons licence – http://creativecommons.org/choose/ .
- All entrants must agree that their videos are publically available for a period of 3 years at the link supplied in the entry form. If the holding repository changes the link, this clause is no longer operational.
- Videos must not be longer than 2.30 minutes in total. Including opening and closing credits.
- The results are final and no correspondence can be entered in to.
- All entries must clearly state, to the satisfaction of the judges, how the app is being used in education. All levels and subjects are acceptable.
- Companies or individuals that have created a software or teachers sponsored by a company cannot enter the competition using the application that is sponsoring them.
Firstly, you need to register on this website.
- Upload to YouTube
- Add a title (you will copy this in to the entry form)
- Add a description (you will copy this in to the entry form)
- Make sure your video privacy settings are public and add Tags including Ed20Work.
- Go to the project entry form and complete the parameters. You will need to copy the video link, title and description in to the form. The other information we will need is:
- Your name
- Email (will not be published on the website of the competition)
- Subject/s taught
- Name of school (freelance entries are accepted)
- Website of school
- Subject/s taught
- Age/s of students
- Technology used in video (name/s)
- Website of technology or app store link
For more information, visit European Competition 2.0.