2015 IDEX Global Fellowship for Aspiring Social Leaders Worldwide
Deadline: August 31, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2015 IDEX Global Fellowship, a six month accelerator program for aspiring social leaders from across the world. Each year, the IDEX Accelerator welcomes a select number of individuals to take part in six-months of intrapreneurial leadership training across India. Fellows gain emerging market experience while working hands on with socially-focused enterprises who deliver high impact solutons in local and global communities. Apply now to become part of the next cohort of social intrapreneur leaders.
IDEX Global Fellows Program offers two fellowship cycles per year – January and June. The 2015 IDEX Fellow Cohort will begin their fellowship in January 2015.
During the six-month fellowship cycle, IDEX fellows work full-time with a social enterprise partner (in India), in addition to completing IDEX’s Intrapreneur Leadership Training. After the Fellowship program, IDEX Fellows continue to pursue social impact careers, with 90% of alumni currently working with socially progressive enterprises such as Gray Matters Capital, Calvert Foundation, Commonwealth Ventures, Bridge International Academies, Ashoka, Omidyar Network, and Unltd India.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Ability to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will provide more information on the business visa application process).
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Candidates are chosen from a diverse yet competitive pool of talented, passionate individuals from a wide range of geographies, professional and academic backgrounds and ethnicities. In the selection process, we are seeking to understand your passion and the value you bring to IDEX and the larger social enterprise sector.
Applicants should have:
- Proven track record of leadership responsibilities;
- Demonstrated passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for low-income communities;
- Ability to work in new and challenging environments with limited resources;
- Willingness to work with low-income populations in developing economies and demonstrated practical skills in relationship building, cultural sensitivity and thrive in a start-up environment;
- High interest in working in emerging markets;
- A passion and desire to work in emerging markets and use social enterprise principles to solve global issues;
- An ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments;
- Desire to engage in an intense professional development experience while applying; creative solutions to deepen impact;
- Committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital in their personal growth and professional development.
Tuition for the 2015 Global Fellows Program is $3,500 USD and covers all educational expenses of the program. Tuition is payable prior to program orientation.
Tuition does not cover:
- Tuition does not cover airfare or travel to/from placement city, visa costs or daily living expenses during program such as food or utilities.
- Daily living expenses, such as food, utilities and other miscellaneous expenses.
Stipend and Scholarship
Housing is covered in full by the social enterprise partner. Fellows are not responsible for paying or securing housing during the six-month program. Housing accommodations are arranged by IDEX program staff and enterprise partners.
Fellows will receive a modest monthly living stipend (approx. $100-$150 USD/month) towards the fellow’s cost of living expenses.
Through generous funding from Gray Matters Capital Foundation, IDEX is able to a limited number of full and partial scholarships for the 2015 Program to select candidates.
- Fellows must first apply and be accepted into the fellowship program in order to receive awarded funding.
- Scholarship funding will be used towards program tuition.
- Scholarships are based on funding availability.
- Application submission does not guarantee full or partial funding.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Gray Matters Captial Scholarship Fund: Partial Tuition Award: $500 USD – $3,000 USD.
Funding is awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship. This application is open to all global applicants.
InvestWISE Scholarship Fund: Full Tuition Award: $3,500 USD
Funding is awarded to the most promising candidates who are interested in working in the subsectors of Agriculture, Clean Energy, Education Technology, Impact Investing, ICT/Technology, Public Policy, and Sanitation/Water. This Scholarship Award is restricted to female applicants only.
Learn more about the Fellowship Structure.
For more information, visit IDEX Global Fellowship.