Harvard Academy Pre & Postdoctoral Fellowship
Deadline: October 1, 2014
Applications are now open to scholars from all countries for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program.The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences (including history and law) with a command of the language, history, or culture of non-Western countries or regions. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
- Annual stipend of $67,000 and $31,000 for Postdoctoral and Predoctoral Academy Scholars respectively.
- Supplemental funds are available for conferences, research travel, research assistants and health insurance coverage.
- This award is only open to recent PhD recipients (PhD obtained no later than 3 years)and doctoral candidates.
- applications are welcomed from all scholars without regard to nationality, gender or race.
There is no application form. The following materials (3 copies of each) are required for a complete application
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- letter of recommendation
- An official copy of each graduate transcript
- Cover letter which explains the applicant’s academic field, country/region of specialization and proposed/actual research topic
- A statement of applicatant’s proposed research (no more than 2, 500 words)
Mail materials to:
The Academy Scholars Program
Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs
1727 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA
For express mail services requiring a telephone number, use (617) 495-2137
- Do not staple materials
- E-mailed/faxed applications will not be accepted
For more Information, visit Havard Academy Scholars Program 2014