FISU Young Reporters Programme 2015 – Gwangju, Korea (Fully-funded)
Deadline: October 15, 2014
The International University Sport Federation (FISU) is inviting applications from candidates between the ages of 21-25 years to apply for the 2015 Young Reporters Programme. FISU launched this journalism education programme to provide young (sport) journalists with a unique training experience during FISU’s major multisport event, the Summer Universiade.
FISU would invite 12 aspiring young journalists (6 males and 6 females) from the five continents to the Games in Gwangju, Korea (July 3rd-14th 2015) alongside the athletes where they will receive specialized media training.
- FISU will cover the round trip travel cost from candidate’s home to Gwagju and back
- Accomodation and meals will be provided
- Candidates should be between the ages of 21 and 25 undertaking full or part time studies towards a career in communications, journalism or other areas of news media.Recent graduates may also be considered.
- Candidates must be outstandingly proficient in writing and presenting news reports in English.
- Candidates must be able to travel on the required dates and be available to partake, full time, in the complete programme over the duration of the Universiade.
- Must have an evidence of excellence in coursework or in the media workplace must be established and provided with the nomination. Strong references will be required from their university or an employer (internship). Evidence of published work will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Candidates will be judged on their academic records, the recommendations of teaching staff or managers and should, above all, show real potential to succeed at their chosen media career.
- Fluency in French, Spanish and/or Russian (in addition to English) will be considered an asset.
- Experience in high performance sport (as a competitor, official, coach, team manager etc.) will also be considered an asset.
E-mail all application materials to [email protected] in pdf format
- Current and detailed CV with date of birth and photo accompanied by covering letter;
- Current address, E-mail address and Skype address;
- Two letters of reference from academic or professional contacts;
- An A4 page text (300 to 500 words) that could serve as an intro page for a book entitled: ‘Major Sporting Events: Pitfalls for Young Reporters?’;
For more information, Visit FISU 2015