Enter the 2015 Evens Prize for European Journalism
Deadline: September 15, 2014
The Evens Foundation invites entries for the The Evens Prize for European Journalism 2015. The prize aims to reward journalists from the written press whose work contributes highly to making Europe more comprehensible and accessible to a broad audience.
The Foundation is a public benefit foundation based in Antwerp, Belgium, that initiates and supports sustainable projects, and awards biennial prizes, that contribute to the progress and strengthening of Europe based on cultural and social diversity.
There will be two prizes;
- Evens Prize for European Journalism: €10,000;
- Evens Encouragement Award for European Journalism: €5,000 (for this prize, only journalists up to 35 years old are eligible).
- The competition is open to journalists from the written press, living and working in the EU, with a considerable record in reporting and commenting on Europe.
- Candidates must be aged 21 or older.
An external jury composed of high-level international media professionals will select the two laureates. Their criteria will include;
- journalistic excellence,
- original reporting,
- good writing,
- the potential impact of the articles on a broad audience.
In order to enter the competition candidates must submit;
- Three articles in English that must have been originally published between 1 July 2013 and 31 August 2014 in a newspaper, magazine or news site within the EU;
- A CV;
- A short motivational letter;
- An overview of the submitted articles, that describes the context in which the work was created and where it was published.
NOTE: All documents should be submitted electronically to: [email protected] Additionally, print copies of the submitted articles may be sent by post to:
Tim Verbist, Stoopstraat 1,
2000 Antwerpen, Belgium.
For more information, visit Evens Prize for European Journalism 2015.