Deadline: August 27, 2014
East Africa’s m:lab is currently accepting applications for its 3 months Mobile Impact Ventures Program. This program supports startups in scaling their business through a tailor made acceleration process designed to facilitate the improvement of: business model, technology, customer discovery and potential for raising funding.This is delivered via intensive business masters classes, coaching with business experts and mentoring with sector specialists.
This program is designed for:
- early stage startup with a mobile solution for a challenge faced in the agriculture, health & water or education sectors, this program is designed for you.
- startups are required to have at least one team member with experience or educational background in software programming and at least one team member with a background in business or experience pursuing a business venture
- In addition, having a team member with prior experience in the designated sector (i.e. agriculture, health & water and education) is an advantage.
- focused, dedicated and ambitious entrepreneurs interested in reaching new levels of growth.
MIVP offeres services the following services that are worth $15000 USD in return for a 3% equity:
- Business coaching sessions with startup specialists including a business model assessment
- Multiple sessions with sector specialist mentors
- Modular and dynamic training workshops on entrepreneurship and technology skill for mobile impact ventures based on needs assessment
- Tailored technology coaching to the needs of your business based on technical needs assessment
- shared coworking space in the m:lab for the duration of the program
- Access to legal and financial advisory services on an as needed basis
- Access to the product testing lab in the m:lab including phones across all major operating systems,
- Up To $1,000 worth of hosting credit per month
- UX and graphic design services including a design of a professional logo and presentation template, user interface designs and graphic mockups (e.g. template with HTML5, CSS & Graphic elements) as well as consultation for setting up a usability session
Apply online, here.
For more information, visit m:lab or contact: [email protected]