Genesis Generation Challenge 2014 – $100,000 USD for 10 teams worldwide!
Deadline: October 28, 2014
The Genesis Prize Foundation has officially launched its Genesis Generation Challenge. This global competition is looking for innovative projects to take on the world’s problems. Ideas have to be well-thought through, with potentials for creating measureable changes, and impacts on the intended audience.
Are you passionate about solving a communal or global problem? Have you wondered how you could make your dream job a reality and do what you love? The Genesis Generation Challenge is the competition for you. Turn your passion into reality. Be one of the ten winning teams to win $100,000 (USD) each, connections to mentors, and opportunities to convene and learn from one another.
The Genesis Generation Challenge is an initiative of the Genesis Prize Foundation in honor of billionaire philanthropist, Michael R. Bloomberg, the inaugural recipient of the $1 million Genesis Prize, who pledged the money would go toward something that would help the world.
Award and Benefits
- 10 teams would be given up to $100,000 each
- Benefits exist even for those teams that do not win; they will become part of an active network of forward thinking and connected individuals from whom they can receive feedback and grow their ideas.
- The Genesis Generation Challenge welcomes multi-disciplinary teams of young adults to propose big ideas to better the world.
- Each team must consist of approximately 10 individuals and must designate a team leader (age 20-36). Other team members must be 18 years or older.
- Teams may represent nonprofit or for profit entities.
- Your idea must offer a sustainable and scalable solution to an important problem
- Social entrepreneurs and others with experience delivering projects with lasting and innovative change in their communities and the world are invited to apply
How to Register
- You must register before Tuesday, September 30th (midnight, EST), to participate.
- Each team must submit a complete application that meets specific requirements by October 28th.
Winners will be announces in January 2015!
For more information, visit Genesis Generation Challenge.