Deadline: September 5, 2014
Africa Lead II in partnership with USAID invites applications from candidates interested in an Agriculture Internship Program. Africa Lead II’s Agriculture Internship Program aims to facilitate more efficient agricultural production, stronger agribusinesses and agricultural development institutions, a more direct link between NARS and farmers, and greater value addition in the agriculture sector across Africa.
The broad goal is to support skills transfer and technological know-how that will help African agribusinesses and organizations to innovate, improve their commercial viability and catalyze agricultural transformation, thus contributing to improved food security. Nationals of ECOWAS countries are welcome to apply.
About Africa Lead II
Africa Lead II—the Feed the Future: Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation Program—supports the advancement of agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). Simultaneously, Africa Lead II contributes to the Feed the Future (FTF) goals of reduced hunger and poverty by building the capacity of Champions—defined as men and women leaders in agriculture—to develop, lead, and manage the policies, structures and processes needed for the transformation process.
Placement terms will be for a period of 12 months with anticipated postings in ECOWAS member states :Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and Cape Verde. West.
The following positions are open for applications to support the advancement of African Agricultural Development Regional hosting entities:
- Entry to Mid -Level Communications Associates
- Entry to Mid -Level Program Planning Associate
- Entry to Mid -Level Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
- Entry to Mid -Level Human Resources Associate
- National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) Scientists -Associate Program Fellows
Housing, monthly stipend, living allowances, round-trip airfare and related travel expenses to worksite will be covered by the program. These 12 month young professionals development opportunities are not guarantees for full time employment upon successful completion of the placement.
General Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree Minimum , plus 2 years of relevant administrative or technical professional experience; or a Master’s degree preferred with 1 year of relevant administrative or technical professional experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- BS/BA degree required, advance degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel and be based within Regional Institution in West Africa during the entire duration of the placement (minimum 1 year assignment)
General Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in West African regional agricultural development A plus
- International Travel and field related experience in urban and rural African settings desirable
- Fluency in both French and English required
- General Application requirements
All candidates must submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1-Page Cover letter highlighting your ability to contribute your skills towards enhancing capacity of a regional organization involved in Food security. Kindly specify your strengths and weaknesses and ability to adapt to new mutli-cultural environment.
- 3 References: kindly provide 2 professional references and 1 personal reference
How to Apply
Please send applications to: [email protected] by September 5, 2014 5:00PM GMT
For more information on the responsibilities and required skills for each position, download the Africa Lead II Agriculture Internship Official Document.