Deadline: December 31, 2014
Chudanog Publishers Limited, a publishing company in Nigeria is accepting entries for the 2014 Essay Contest on Divorce for Africans. The title of the Essay is Restoring the Lost Glory of the Institution of Marriage and participants are invited to appraise the reasons for increase in divorce in African homes and the solution.
About the Essay Contest
There is an undesirable development taking place in the family circles of most African nations today. There is an incessant increase in the rate of divorce in many African homes! This ugly trend seems to be at variance with what was obtainable some years back, when marriages were cherished and guarded jealously, while divorce and other forms of marital acrimony were jettisoned.
In this essay contest, you are expected to appraise the reasons why many marriages are hitting the rocks today in Africa and also proffer solutions on what could be done in order to checkmate the alarming increase in divorce.
This contest is open to all Africans who have attained the age of 18 or shall attain the age of 18 on or before the deadline for the submission of the essay, being the 31st day of December, 2014.
Prizes and Benefits
- 1st prize N 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of Recognition
- 2nd prize N 30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of Recognition
- 3rd prize N 20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of recognition
- 5 Honourable mentions, to be issued certificates respectively
- The best top 50 essays will be compiled and published in an e-book format by Chudanog Publishers Limited, subject to the approval of the authors of the essays first gotten in that regard.
- The names of the authors of the best 50 essays will also be published on the Facebook page of Chudanog Publishers Limited.
- Moreover, the authors of the best 50 essays to be published will be remunerated from any gains that will be made from the sales of the proposed e-book, subjects to terms and conditions that will be made known by the Company which shall be communicated to the authors for their express authorization and/or approval before the publication of their work will take place.
- Essay should not be less than 2000 words, and not more than 4000 words excluding the cover page and references (if any).
- 12 font size; 1.5 lines spacing; justified format; and Times New Roman font should be used.
- Entrants should ensure that they do not violate any person’s copyright in their work. By participating in this essay, the company Chudanog Publishers Limited shall not be held liable for any copyright claims that might come up because of an entry made by an entrant.
The essay should have a cover page, containing the following information:
- Name of entrant
- Date of birth
- Email id
- Contact number
- Word count of essay
- Originality of ideas
- Strength of argument
- Grammatical construction, and
- Practicability of solutions proffered.
- Send you email address to the mobile number +2349032960762 or to [email protected]; pragmaticre[email protected], requesting for a PDF copy of the essay titled ‘Restoring the Lost Glory of the Institution of Marriage.’
- The essay will be forwarded to your mailbox within 48 hours upon request. Endeavour to check your spam mail folder should in case the mail gets delivered into the spam mail folder.
- Read up the entire essay entitled ‘Restoring the Lost Glory of the Institution of Marriage.’
- In your own words, appraise the reasons why there is increase in divorce in African homes and what could be done to checkmate the ugly trend, while making intermittent reference to the article you read. You are expected to analyse the factor (s) responsible for the increase in divorce cases recorded in African homes and also to proffer innovative solutions on what could be done to ensure that divorce is reduced to the barest minimum in African homes.
The essay should be sent to the email ids: pragmaticrea[email protected] or [email protected] with the headline ‘Essay Contest Entry’ on or before December 31, 2014.
The result of the essay will be officially announced on the February 27, 2015 Chudanog Publishers Limited and also on the Facebook page of the Company, being www.facebook.com/pragmatricreaderszone.