University of Lausanne Master’s Grants for International Students
Deadline: December 15, 2014
To facilitate access to Master’s degrees by students with qualifications from a foreign university, the University of Lausanne makes available around ten grants which are awarded on a competitive basis.
The application is examined by the University Rectorate to determine whether the candidate is admissible. In the event of a positive decision, the application is forwarded by the SASC to the UNIL Faculty responsible for the Master’s on which the candidate wishes to be enrolled. The Faculty selects applications and notifies the SASC of its opinion based on the candidate’s qualities, motivation and suitability for the Master’s programme.
Candidates must choose a Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, except;
- Master of Medicine
- Master of Arts in Sciences and Practices of Education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Law in Criminal Sciences, judiciary mention
Caution: For the Master of Law, students can apply for the scholarship Master for two of the seven references proposed, namely; “International and Comparative Law” and “legal theory.”
- The amount of the grant is CHF 1,600.- per month from 15 September to 15 July
- The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university.
- The qualification held by the candidate must be deemed equivalent to the UNIL Bachelor’s degree.
- The grants are intended more particularly for students who distinguished themselves in their university studies and who have difficulty meeting their financial needs for the duration of the Master’s. It is however necessary that the candidates have sufficient financial means to support themselves during the complementary studies that may be required prior to enroll on the Master’s degree.
Applicants can download and send the application form here.
For more information, visit UNIL MASTER’S GRANTS.