CV Raman 2014 International Fellowship for African Researchers
Deadline: September 30, 2014
The Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs(MEA), Government of India through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce& Industry (FICCI), have launched the C V Raman International Fellowship programme for African Researchers to provide them opportunity to conduct collaborative research with leading research groups in Indian universities and R&D institutions in areas of Sci & Tech.
The objective of this Fellowship is to provide opportunity for African researchers to conduct collaborative research/training for 1-6 months duration in various areas of science and technology in different Indian universities and R&D institutions under guidance of host scientists in India.
Types of Fellowship Offered
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Duration 6 months.
- Visiting Fellowship : Duration 3 months.
- Senior Fellowship : Duration 1 month.
- Sustenance Allowance :
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 40,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses
- Visiting Fellowship : “Rs 50,000/- per month including accommodation, food and local travel expenses”
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 50,000/- per month + accommodation (accommodation in host institute’s guest house with reasonable facilities / hotel with a cap of Rs 2500 per day).
- Contingency Grant :
- To cover unforeseen expenses relating to lab/field research, books, stationeries, medicines and other miscellaneous expenses, if any
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Rs 20,000/-
- Visiting Fellowship : Rs 10,000/-
- Senior Fellowship : Rs 10000 + local travel grant(upto max.Rs.30000)
- Air Fare :
- A round trip air ticket by economy class
The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a university or research institution in the African country and should meet the following eligibility criteria for each of the three categories:
- Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship : Completed/Pursuing PhD in any recognised university or research institution in Africa
- Visiting Fellowship : Ph.D / M.Tech / M.Sc. (Engg / Technical) or 4 to 6 years research / teaching experience
- Senior Fellowship : Senior Experts / Scientists / Professors
- Step 1: Applicant registers online or Downloads the application form
- Step 2: Applicant are required to arrange the following documents;
- Application Form duly filled-in by applicant
- Letter-of-Consent, stating that he / she is willing to accept the applicant at his / her institution during the period of the fellowship tenure
- Letter of Recommendation / Reference from applicant’s current employer or place of employment
- Copy of research / training plan in India, duly approved by applicant’s proposed host scientist
- Copy of applicant’s highest educational qualification
- Photocopy of applicant’s valid Passport, showing his / her picture, passport number and other personal details
- Step 3: Applicant establishes contact with his / her prospective host scientist in India and secures an official consent letter from the concerned Indian host institute
- Step 4: Applicant submits his / her application to FICCI, through any of the modes – online / email
For more information, visit CV Raman 2014 International Fellowship for African Researchers.