2015 Thiel Fellowship for Young People – $100,000 Grant for Fellows
Deadline: January 15, 2015
The Thiel Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2015 Thiel Fellowship. The Thiel Fellowship is a community of visionaries creating a radical re-thinking of what it takes to succeed and improve the world, through self-directed learning, independent thought, and meaningful contributions. The Fellowship brings together some of the world’s most creative and motivated young people, and helps them bring their most ambitious projects to life.
- Thiel Fellows are given a grant of $100,000 to focus on their work, their research, and their self-education while outside of university.
- Fellows are mentored by our community of visionary thinkers, investors, scientists, and entrepreneurs, who provide guidance and business connections that can’t be replicated in any classroom.
- With tens of thousands in additional resources, summer housing, regular workshops, the Thiel Foundation Summits, fellowship dinners, and retreats we’ve built a robust community and program to accelerate your professional and personal development. Rather than just studying, you’re doing.
Fellowship goals fall within three main areas:
- Value creation: In two years, create value by forging a self-designed path opening up opportunities for yourself, others, and beneficiaries that were previously not available.
- Bold Leadership: In two years, take meaningful risks and lead others to pursue your vision. In ten years, become an acknowledged authority within your field.
- Meaningful community: In two years, build a fulfilling community to take with you post fellowship.
Note: The Thiel Fellowship is not limited to entrepreneurial activities.
- Be 23 years or younger
- The ideal candidate has ideas that simply cannot wait. They want fellows who dream big and have clear plans, who take risks and learn from mistakes, who think long-term and like to tinker. Inspire us.
- Candidates from around the world are encouraged to apply. Foreign candidates are responsible for obtaining their own visa into the United States
Read the FAQs before applying.
For more information, visit 2015 Thiel Fellowship.