Deadline: January 9 or 23, 2014
Applications are now open for the The Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme. The Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme cultivates the leaders of tomorrow by providing outstanding university graduates and professionals with the opportunity to pursue fully-funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford, in conjunction with a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking.
The Louis Dreyfus Foundation aims to promote sustainable agriculture, food security and self-sufficiency, particularly through education and direct support to farmers, with a specific focus on emerging countries in the above-mentioned regions.
The Leadership Programme includes:
- an annual Moral Philosophy Seminar – including moderated discussions and workshops on political philosophy and leadership development;
- practical skills training in presentation, interviewing, exam and op-ed (‘opposite the editorial page’) writing techniques;
- a London Leadership Forum at the end of the academic year;
- engagement in the Institute for Strategic Dialogue’s projects and conferences; and
- numerous networking opportunities throughout the year.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- Applicants should be applying to start a new graduate course (full-time) at Oxford.
- Applicants should come from transition and emerging economies in Africa, Asia and South America
- The complete list of eligible countries and courses is also yet to be confirmed but will be added to the official page in October 2014. (See the Courses page for more information)
- Applicants should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld scholars.
- This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for part-time or non-matriculated courses.
- This scholarship is also not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
- The Scholarship and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers with a focus on improving food security and sustainability.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
- This scholarship seeks to support individuals who, following completion of their supported studies, will go on to actively engage in their chosen fields.
For more information and to apply, visit Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme.