Deadline: October 20, 2014
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation and Artsy invite you to win the opportunity to mount a Rauschenberg exhibition at your campus. The competition is intended to foster a new generation of curators by providing online access to digital resources and collections, including works by Robert Rauschenberg, as well as to explore new curatorial perspectives, scholarship, and dialogues on art.
The Rauschenberg Foundation focuses on increasing access to the artist’s work, supporting arts + issues initiatives, and offering artist residencies. The competition is open to all eligible undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows around the world.
Prizes and Awards
The Competition’s prize has three parts:
1. The winner will receive a curatorial fellowship and honorarium (up to $5,000 to offset approved travel and living expenses for the fellowship) with the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation. As a curatorial fellow, the winner will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation and curate a live exhibition at the winner’s academic institution, including actual artworks by Robert Rauschenberg loaned from the Foundation’s collection.
2. The winner will have their online exhibition presented on the Artsy Site and Rauschenberg Foundation website.
3. The winner will receive a certificate of congratulations signed by each of the judges.
The competition is open only to full-time or part-time undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are affiliated with an accredited college or university.
Please see the Official Competition Rules for complete eligibility requirements.
- Go to Artsy.net and create an Artsy account if you don’t have one already.
- Create an Artsy Post (see video “How to post on Artsy”). Paste in the text of your exhibition proposal, which may be no longer than 500 words total in English. Your online exhibition proposal may include up to 15 artworks selected from Artsy’s Institutional partners, see Institutions A-Z. No gallery or for-sale works may be included. Your online exhibition proposal must include at least one (1) artwork created by Robert Rauschenberg. (Need help finding content? See video “How to find content”)
- Submit your exhibition proposal through the Official Entry Form.
- The deadline to submit your entry is October 20, 2014 at11:59 PM ET.
- Promote your submission via social media! Tag @Artsyand use the hashtag #EmergingCurator.
For more information, visit Robert Rauschenberg Curator Competition.