2015 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program for Undergraduate Study at Michigan State University
Deadline: January 15, 2015
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities, particularly in Africa, with access to quality and relevant education. Through financial, academic, social and post-graduation support, The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Strong academic performance to date in secondary school suggesting continued academic success as an undergraduate student.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement outside the classroom in the school and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Learn how to apply for the undergraduate scholarship.
Learn more about The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at mastercardfdnscholars.org.
For more information, visit The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program