University of Twente Scholarship for Master’s Study 2015 – The Netherlands
Deadline: December 30, 2014
Applications are now open fore the 2015 University Twente Scholarship (UTS). This is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Benefits of UTS
- Attend the opening of the academic year together with VIPs from the University
- Become one of the most promising UT students
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- € 6,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
Eligibility Master Programmes
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
In order to be eligible for a UTS scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below.
- Your programme starts in September 2015;
- For this application round, you have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the above mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 December 2014 (note: there will be another UTS application round for students that have been (provisionally) admitted to the University after this date. The deadline for the second round will be published in the second week of January);
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains):
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable);
- You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
Two-Year Study Programme
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme
How to Apply
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes. Apply for the Admission First.
Step 1: Apply for Admission (before 15 December 2014)
Step 2: Submit UTScholarship application (before 30 December 2014)
Step 3: Applicants will be notified whether their application was successful by 1 February 2015.
For more information, visit University Twente Scholarship.