Global Change Leaders Program 2015 at Coady International Institute – Nova Scotia (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 9, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2015 Global Change Leaders Program taking place from August 24 – October 8, 2015 at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. The Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. The 2015 program invites applications from women in developing countries who have demonstrated leadership in a development sector for at least four years but would still be considered an emerging leader.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
- The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals.
- Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world.
The program is led by a core team of Coady International Institute staff and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of four years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
The deadline for application submissions for the 2015 program is January 9, 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by February 28, 2015 for a Skype interview. A final decision on the 2015 cohort will be made by the end of March to allow time for visas to Canada to be acquired by the participants.
See the Frequently Asked Questions before applying.
For more information, visit Global Change Leaders Program 2015.