Apply for the 2015 Spark* South Africa Changemakers Program – Johannesburg
Deadline: November 5, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2015 Spark* South Africa Changemakers Program taking place from 9th to 15th January, 2015 near Johannesburg. The Spark* Changemakers Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate South Africans who are at the early stages of building social businesses and organisations that exist to make a difference for people living in poverty.
Are you the founder of a social business or organisation that exists to help South Africans living in poverty? Is your social business or organisation in its early years and already making a difference for people? If so, this is an incredible opportunity for you! For their 2015 intake, Spark* South Africa is looking for 15 founders of social startups in South Africa! They partner with you as you grow the impact of your project.
If you are successful in becoming a Spark* Changemaker, you access world class entrepreneurship training, and two years of free legal, business, graphic design web and research support as well as the opportunity to access quick injections of funding for your ventures.
If you are successful in your application you:
- Attend the Changemakers Accelerator – An intensive five day live-in workshop in Johannesburg where you join a small group of Spark* Changemakers and access world class social entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your non-profit or business and accelerate the growth of your venture.
- Access the Changemakers Support Network – Beyond the accelerator you receive ongoing training and support from Spark* International and we connect you to experts and professionals who can help you as you launch and grow your non-profit or social business. Specifically we provide you with two years of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for you as a social entrepreneur working to grow your venture). You also have the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (approximately 2000 – 2500 rand) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture.
- Access Powerful Connections – Spark* is an official pipeline partner with a number of powerful organisations that can help you scale a proven social enterprise including Ashoka, Echoing Green and the Unreasonable Institute as well as impact investors to help you raise capital if you are a social enterprise. We can prepare you for these opportunities and make connections for you.
Note: If you do not live in Johannesburg, you will be required to organise your own transport to the Accelerator in Johannesburg. Once there, Spark* will cover your food and accommodation for the duration of the week.
Spark* South Africa is looking for 15 founders of social startups in South Africa who:
- Have already launched a social enterprise that is already making a difference in the lives of tens of people living in poverty
- Be the founder of that social enterprise
- Want to scale their social enterprise to impact many more people living in poverty
- Be individuals who can get things done, and they have proven this in the past
- Be massively passionate about improving the lives of people living in poverty in South Africa
Applicants will be notified of their status by November 20, 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit Spark* South Africa Changemakers Program.