2015 Lucas Dolega Award for Photographers
Deadline: November 15, 2014
The Lucas Dolega Association is now accepting entries for the fourth edition of the Lucas Dolega Award. The Lucas Dolega Award is intended for freelance professional photographers. It aims to support and accompany photographers with important stories elaborated under risky conditions in order to ensure communication of free and independent information to the public. The Award aims at rewarding a photographer who, through his or her personal commitment, involvement in the field, as well as the quality of his or her work, will have been able to testify to his or her attachment to the freedom of information.
The Lucas Dolega Award is open to all professional freelance photographers, without age or country restrictions. Participants will have to present a report on the coverage of any event relevant to the defense of freedom and democratic ideal, a conflict (civil or military wars, riots, attacks or public demonstrations…), a revolution, a natural or sanitary disaster, or their consequences on civil populations.
Award and Prizes
The Lucas Dolega Award will reward a photographer with a endowment by Olympus of 10.000 Euros, an exhibition in Paris, and a publication in the Reporters Without Borders album. The award ceremony will take place at the Mairie de Paris, in january 2015.
- The competition is open exclusively to professional freelance photographers of all nationalities, without age restrictions.
- The term freelance is defined as a non-staff photographer, i.e. a photographer who does not work full time and exclusively for a press organization.
- Submission is free subject for each Participant to accept all terms and conditions specified hereto.
- Any Participant who violates any of entries information under shall not be considered in a position to receive the Prize.
- Each Participant is allowed to submit several photographic reports up to three reportages.
- There should be one participation file (the Entry) per reportage.
The Lucas Dolega Award is organized by the Lucas Dolega Association in partnership with the City of Paris, Olympus, the SAIF,
and with the support of Reporters Without Borders, the UPP, the Atelier Label Image, Zanzibar, the webmagazine Our Age is Thirteen and Freelens.