Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program 2015 – Singapore, Nepal and USA (Fully-funded)
Deadline: November 12, 2014
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program application period for the 2015 Fellowship year is now open. The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, enhancing leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals. The program also provides the flexibility for Fellows to custom-tailor their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules.
Fellows are highly talented individuals, under age 40, who have demonstrated outstanding commitment, integrity, and leadership potential within their professional fields and within their larger community. Fellows must also display a track record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation.
The 2015 program is comprised of the following five components:
- Leadership Training Program [Singapore, March 4 – 9, 2015]
- Workshop on Asian Development [Nepal, March 10 – 15, 2015]
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange [U.S.A., September 13 – 30, 2015]
- Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000
Cost and Benefits
All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Fellows are also provided a per diem during program activities. Providing proof of financial means is not necessary.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2015;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
For further information on eligibility, be sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions. You may also direct your inquiries to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at development[email protected]
For more information and to apply, visit Asia Foundation Development Fellowship.