2015 Terra Foundation Research Travel Grant to US
Deadline: January 15, 2015
Interested and eligible applicants are invited to apply for the Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants.The grant enables scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States. It provides support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980.
Grant funding is available for short-term travel (3 months maximum) that gives scholars opportunities to:
- Discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections,
- Consult local archives and library collections, and
- Establish professional networks for future research.
Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually:
- up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students from Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand,
- up to $7,000 per grant for doctoral candidates from Asia, Africa and Latin America,
- up to $9,000 per grant for all postdoctoral and senior scholars.
Funds can be used for related transportation, lodging, meals, and research fees and expenses. They cannot be used for the purchase of computers or other equipment. Up to five grants are specifically dedicated to scholars from Asia, Africa, and Latin America (Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually).
- The foundation only accepts proposals from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
- Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
- Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
- Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
- The completed application form must be submitted by email to travelgran[email protected] Awards will be announced in May 2015.
For more information, visit 2015 Terra Foundation Research Travel Grant to US