Deadline: January 26, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2015 Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships (AIUS). The University of Adelaide, which has one of Australia’s highest quality university learning environments, offers a scholarship program for commencing international students undertaking undergraduate study. This scholarship scheme will enable a larger number of high-achieving students to receive a scholarship to fund their studies at the University.
- Scholarships are only available for commencing international students. Students who have already commenced their studies at the University of Adelaide are ineligible to apply.
- Scholarships are available for study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience).
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and in certain cases country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration. Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the University before lodging their scholarship application. Applicants with a conditional offer may still apply, but will need to accept and meet the conditions of their offer within a stated timeframe before a scholarship can be confirmed.
- The University reserves the right to vary the awards, or not to offer scholarships if applicants have not achieved the level of academic achievement to merit the awards.
- Up to 40 scholarships will be available and scholarships will be offered on a rolling basis until all scholarships have been awarded.
- Candidates who have applied for, or will apply for Australian permanent resident status are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships in this program have the following conditions:
- Available for commencing international undergraduate students only;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Provides a waiver of 25% of the annual tuition fee for each year of the program for the full duration of the program, up to a maximum of four years;
- Up to 40 scholarships available each year;
- Available for study in any discipline except Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Oral Health and Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
- Open to eligible applicants completing Foundation Studies or secondary studies overseas or in Australia, or those transferring into the later years of an undergraduate degree with advanced standing
The selection process for the Adelaide International Undergraduate Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level which is the equivalent of a GPA of 6/7 (85%) for a scholarship.
As the aim of the scholarship program is to attract excellent applicants from a wide range of countries, factors such as country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration in some cases in the scholarship selection process.
How to Apply
- Applicants may apply online for a scholarship at any time
- Applicants must have received an offer of admission from the University before lodging their scholarship application (applicants with a conditional offer may apply, but will need to accept and meet the conditions of their offer before a scholarship can be confirmed)
- Scholarship selection is based on academic merit (in certain cases country of citizenship and program of study may also be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships)
- Applications will be considered and scholarships offered on a rolling basis until all scholarships have been awarded
- Successful applicants will be notified within 4 to 6 weeks of lodging the scholarship application; unsuccessful applicants will NOT be contacted.
For more information, visit