Fountain Magazine 100th Issue Essay Contest on “You and Your 100-Year-Old Self”
Deadline: November 30, 2014
The Fountain Magazine invites you to join them in celebrating their 100th issue. Write an essay to yourself on your 100th birthday. What would you say to yourself at that age? What would your 100-year-old self tell you back? Would it be a conversation of praise and/or regret?
Perhaps praise for the achievements in your career, but regrets about a lost family? Or warnings about the mistakes you made in your projected future or in your past; pitfalls you happened to be dragged into, temptations you could not resist; or celebrations for the good character you were able to display and sustain over a life; a precious life wasted or a life lived as it was meant to be.
- 1st Place – $1,500
- 2nd Place – $750
- 3rd Place – $300
- Two Honorable Mentions – $200 each
- Contest open to all writers worldwide. There is no age limit or a condition to fulfill for entry. The contest is open to all who want to share his or her ideas
- Essay word count must be between 1,500 and 2,500 words
- Essays must be submitted through the essay contest page at www.fountainmagazine.com/essaycontest
The winners will be determined by our board who will decide according to the literary effectiveness of the essay in reflecting the philosophy behind the motto, richness in content, and authenticity.
All submitted essays will be evaluated using the following criteria.
- Relevance to the contest theme (40 points)
- Innovation & creativity (30 points)
- Writing style and structure (30 points)
Have more questions? Visit the FAQs.
For more information, visit Fountain 100th Issue Essay Contest.