Internship for PhD Students at Norges Bank – Oslo, Norway
Deadline: November 11, 2014
The Norges Bank Research invites PhD-students who are specializing within macroeconomics, banking and finance for research internships in Oslo, Norway. This is an opportunity to experience an international environment that is at the forefront of applying recent research advances into monetary policy and analyses of financial stability. Interns are expected to collaborate closely with economists and other researchers at Norges Bank, with the aim to pursue a project until publication in an international academic journal. The internship will last for 3 months in 2015.
During their stay, interns are expected to give at least one seminar, and to interact with both policy staff and fellow researchers. Within one year of starting the internship, the internship project should result in a Norges Bank Working Paper.
- Work on the approved research project.
- Present preliminary results at an internal seminar during the internship.
- Complete a working paper on the project within one year.
For selected interns,
- Travel costs to Norway will be covered.
- They will receive a salary that covers accommodation and other costs of living in Norway.
- Open to candidates enrolled in a PhD-program specializing within macroeconomics, banking and finance.
- Candidates must have time to complete their research started at Norges Bank shortly after the internship has ended.
- Apply online.
- Letters of recommendation can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application must contain the following:
- A project proposal of 2-5 pages. This serves to ensure that the research interests of selected candidates align with the interests of Norges Bank.
- References and ongoing research.
For more information, visit Norge Bank Internship.