Deadline: December 1, 2014
Applications for the 2015 Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay are now open. The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students and offers them the opportunity to gain invaluable academic experience in one of the top educational facilities in the world.
Participants stay in the world-renowned Cambridge University, located just 50 miles north of London. As well as an unrivaled academic environment, students experience British culture in the stimulating and distinguished surroundings of the University City of Cambridge in the south-east of England. Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops with a varied program of exciting activities and excursions across Britain.
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is:
“In an age of quick & easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with other school students from all over the world?”
To craft a good essay requires careful argumentation, clear structure and personality. It is these characteristics that we will look for in judging applicants’ essays. We will also take into account the letter of recommendation supplied by your school.
- First Prize: 3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for either our 3 week July or our 3 week August course in 2015.
- Second Prize: 1 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for our 1 week Global Leaders course in 2015.
Please note that both prizes include all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee, including accommodation, all excursions, lectures, theatre trips, workshops and tuition, and half board meals. They do not include the cost of flights, or other items which are not ordinarily covered by the program fee.
- Reach Cambridge programs are open to students of all nationalities.
- All courses are open to students who will be between the ages of 14 and 19 (inclusive) in the year of the relevant program.
How to Apply
- Set up a Reach Cambridge account.
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school must be sent to [email protected] directly, using an official school email address. This should be written on headed paper, and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship: it should tell us what makes you academically excellent, and it should give us some indication of your financial circumstances. It must include contact details for the member of staff so that we can contact them for further information if necessary.
- You must also complete the School Transcript, Signature, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
The winners of scholarship prizes – if there are any – will be notified by 31st December 2014. Please ensure you read the scholarship essay competition terms and conditions before applying.
For more information, visit Reach Cambridge Scholarship Essay Competition.