Enter the 2015 Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition
Deadline: April 30, 2015
Entries are invited for the 2015 Nikon Small World Competition. This competition seeks to recognize and applaud the efforts of those involved with photography through the light microscope. Small World has become a leading showcase for photomicrographers from the widest array of scientific disciplines.
A photomicrograph is a technical document that can be of great significance to science or industry. But a good photomicrograph is also an image whose structure, color, composition, and content is an object of beauty, open to several levels of comprehension and appreciation. The subject matter is unrestricted and any type of light microscopy technique is acceptable, including phase contrast, polarized light, fluorescence, interference contrast, darkfield, confocal, deconvolution, and mixed techniques. Each year, the top 20 prize-winners are exhibited at numerous museums and science centers throughout the United States and Canada. Many winning images are also featured on the covers of prestigious scientific and industrial journals.
- Winner will receive one of the prize amount ranging from $3000 to $100. All prize amount are to be redeemed for Nikon photographic, scientific or industrial equipment and accessories at their suggested retail selling prices in the U.S.A. See details.
- Anyone across the globe over the age of 18 interested in digital or film photography through the microscope is eligible to enter in this competition.
- Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of compound or stereoscopic microscopes, however using a Nikon equipment is not obligatory.
- Read the contest rule before applying.
- Complete a digital entry form to register for the competition.
NOTE: Images must be submitted either digitally by uploading to the Small World Competition entry area. Maximum file size is 100MB, and it is recommended the file size be no smaller than 3MB although smaller file sizes will not be disqualified. Files must be in .jpeg, .tiff, .pict or .psd format. Please submit the highest quality image with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
Images can be submitted either digitally or on film. For images on film, a 35mm mounted transparency will be accepted. Glass mounts will not be accepted.
For more information, visit Nikon Photomicrography Competition.