Deadline: December 19, 2014
The Unreasonable East Africa 2015 Institute application is now open. The program will bring together high-impact entrepreneurs from around East Africa in Kampala, Uganda for 5-weeks (Jun 24 – July 30, 2015). The goal of the 2015 Institute is to give entrepreneurs tackling East Africa’s greatest challenges an “unreasonable advantage” so they can grow faster and scale to impact over 1 million lives each.
Unreasonable East Africa is based on a model that has been successful in Boulder, Colorado called the Unreasonable Institute and is dedicated to tackling East Africa’s biggest problems by giving an “unfair advantage” to entrepreneurs creating solutions to East Africa’s biggest social and environmental problems. Their goal is to help each of these ventures grow and eventually scale up to meaningfully impact the lives of over 1 million people.
You’ve got a business that’s creating impact. But to grow that, you’re going to need hard skills and serious tools. The job of the 2015 Unreasonable East Africa Institute is to help you get them.
- Build your business toolkit
- Get guidance from mentors
- Connect with 100+ funders
- Gain a global network of support
You can apply is you
- Are the founder or co-founder of your organization
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a relentless entrepreneurial spirit
- Are able to make key, high-level, direction-shifting decisions
- Are currently working full-time on the development of your venture
- Will be able to attend the ENTIRE Unreasonable East Africa Institute from June 24th – July 30th, 2014 in Kampala, Uganda with no more than 4 days absence
- Have at least two people working full-time on your team
Open to ventures that:
- Operate in Uganda, Kenya, or Tanzania
- Address a massive social or environmental problem
- Are early-stage ventures that are actively prototyping or iterating their product or service
- Are typically not yet profitable, but have generated some early revenues
- Are for-profit or non-profit
- Have a strong business model
- Take the Eligibility Quiz to find out which Institute is best for you.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Email any questions to [email protected]
Opportunity Desk is an Official Pipeline Partner of the Unreasonable East Africa Institute, to find and support entrepreneurs who have the potential to change the world!
For more information, visit Unreasonable East Africa Institute.