Global Scholars Program (GSP) 2015 at African Leadership Academy
Deadline: December 15, 2014
Registration is now open for the 2015 Global Scholars Program (GSP) at African Leadership Academy. This is an intensive, nineteen-day, summer youth leadership development & volunteer abroad program for secondary school students from across the world. Built around ALA’s unique Entrepreneurial Leadership and African studies curriculum, GSP prepares future leaders to explore their potential to create widespread change in Africa – and throughout the world.
Participants in this exciting youth program practice leadership by working in social ventures in the Johannesburg community, learn from ‘fireside chats’ with prominent entrepreneurial leaders in South Africa, build a global network with other young leaders from around the world and discover the history, beauty and diversity of Africa.
- Through your African Studies discussions, your excursions to the Apartheid Museum and your explorations of the Cradle of Humankind and the Pilanesberg National Park, African Leadership Academy will expose you to Africa in ways you have never imagined.
- Contribute meaningful value to social ventures launched by young leaders like social entrepreneur Thulani Madondo of the Kliptown Youth Program.
- Of course, there is the beauty of Africa to inspire you – you will go on a safari drive and visit the Magaliesberg mountains.
- Discover: Learn from African activists, entrepreneurs & educators
- Explore: Go beyond volunteering & explore leadership in action
- Lead: Lead & launch an initiative for a community in need
Cost and Registration
The total program fee for GSP is $4200 USD including a registration fee of $500 USD. The total program fee includes tuition, room and board, extracurricular activities and entry fees for all museums and trips. Local transportation is also included, but transportation to Johannesburg is the responsibility of each participant.
Early Bird: Any applications received by Monday, 15 December 2014 will receive a 10% discount off the total program cost.
School groups: Schools that send 5 or more students to GSP 2015 are eligible for a special discount. For more information, please send an email to [email protected]
GSP 2015 Session Dates
Session 1: Monday, 29 June – Friday,17 July
Session 2: Monday, 13 July – Friday, 31 July
Session 3: Saturday, 25 July – Wednesday,12 August
Register for GSP 2015 today and get an Early Bird discount.
For more information, visit Global Scholars Program.