Deadline: December 7, 2014
Total Nigeria Plc and Wennovation Hub are pleased to announce the launch of the first edition of Total-Wennovation Hackathon and invite concept note submissions. The hackathon is targeted at harnessing innovative technological solutions to solve defined problem statements by TOTAL, with the purpose of improving business productivity and profitability. It’s an opportunity to build for a multinational with global reputation.
Wennovation Hub (the program manager) invites the general public to submit creative solutions that address any of the four problem statements below:
- Automatic warranty management system for Awango by Total product line.
- Customer complaint and Near Miss Anomaly Reporting functionalities to be integrated in Total services App.
- Automate Total Card recharging to make it a seamless and convenient experience for Total Nigeria Plc card customers.
- Delivery/order tracking app for Total Nigeria Plc customers.
- The top 10 entries/ideas/concepts received during an initial selection period that closes December 7, 2014 will be invited to a hackathon to hold from 16th – 18th December.
- They will be assisted to recruit team members with the necessary skills and needed for the hackathon. Data sets around the problem statements will also be made available.
- Winner – $1000 + Potential Adoption By Total Nig Plc
- First Runner-up – $500 + Potential Adoption By Total Nig Plc
- Second Runner-up – $250 + Potential Adoption By Total Nig Plc
- Third Runner-up – $250
- +Free Total Products
Top solution(s) might be further awarded development contract by Wenovation Hub in consultation with Total Nigeria Plc. Neither Total Nigeria Plc nor Wennovation Hub is obligated to provide any further development contract or help to support winners if the winning solutions do not scale through internal reviews or contract discussions.
- The competition is open to everyone including ideators, developers and non-developers
- You must be older than 18
- Open to only Nigerians
About TOTAL Nigeria Plc
TOTAL Nigeria Plc is a Marketing and Services subsidiary of TOTAL; a multinational energy company operating in more than 130 countries and committed to providing sustainable products and services for its customers. For over 50 years, TOTAL has remained the leader in the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry with an extensive distribution network of over 500 service stations nationwide and a wide range of top quality energy products and services.
About Wennovation Hub
The Wennovation Hub’s mission is to accelerate HIGH IMPACT entrepreneurs into the marketplace, to create the much-needed jobs for Nigeria’s teeming youths- leveraging the power of collaborative innovation and its proprietary processes. It is the acceleration unit of LoftyInc Allied Partners Limited.
For more information and to apply, visit Total-Wennovation Hackathon.