Deadline: December 10, 2014
Registration is now open for the eighth edition of the Henkel Innovation Challenge. The aim of HIC 8 is to offer students the possibility to translate theoretical knowledge into practice and make a business experience, working in close contact with Henkel managers. In the course of the challenge, a team of 2 students develops a business plan for an innovative Henkel product or technology for a Henkel brand in 2050, which also contributes to sustainable development.
This is your chance to create an innovative product or technology, earn with your Henkel mentor and grow with the competition. So all you need to do is:
- Build a team of 2 students, create an innovative concept, be coached by Henkel managers, compete with students around the world, learn about sustainability, and bring your creative and strategic management skills to the next level.
- Experience Henkel’s personalized mentorship program!
- Compete with students from all over the world! Grap this experience to meet diverse group of people and passionate managers, prove your skills and strive to win.
- Make a real business experience!
- Have fun
- Win a ticket around the world!
- The 1st winning team at the international final is awarded with a ticket around the world worth 10.000€!
- The 2nd winning team is awarded with a travel voucher worth 4.000€.
- The 3rd winning team is awarded with a travel voucher worth 2.000€.
- Meet the CEO!
- The 3 winning teams at the international final are invited to the Henkel Headquarters in Düsseldorf, to meet the CEO Kasper Rorsted. It’s a unique chance to have a no-holds-barred talk with the CEO of a successful global company and listen to his advice for a good start in your career and wise guidance for your future.
- Semi final: Win an iPad!
- The winning team in each semi final is awarded with 2 iPads.
- 2 cameras are given to the 2nd team and the 3rd prizes are fixed locally and may vary from country to country.
- Students of all fields of studies, who are at least 18 years old, enrolled in a university, college or equivalent academia in one of the participating countries.
- Students attending a post-graduate Master.
- Students participating in an exchange program, if they and their team-mates study in the country they applied for during the time of the semi final, between February-March 2015. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the local HR manager in participating countries (the local HR manager can be contacted through the online contact form at www.henkelchallenge.com).
- Current and former Henkel interns (max. 1 intern in a team), including students writing a thesis at Henkel.
- Students who already participated in the past, provided that they didn’t participate in the semi final (i.e. national or regional final in one of the participating countries).
- Young professionals who have not graduated for a period longer than six months at the point of registration.
- Students studying in one of the following countries can participate: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, The Netherlands, North America, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, Slovakia, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
- Students in chemistry and engineering are also encouraged to participate.
Evaluation criteria in the 1st phase (to be selected for the semi final) are: creativity and analytical skills. At the semi final and international final, they will additionally evaluate your communication and presentation skills, teamwork and team spirit.
How to Participate
- Become the business development manager of Adhesives Technologies, Beauty Care or Laundry & Home Care!
- Build a team of 2 students and create an innovative product or technology for an existing Henkel brand in 2050. Be 3 times more efficient by contributing to sustainable development in the Henkel focal areas.
- After registration you get access to an e-learning platform with helpful material, hints and tips.
3 steps to innovate:
- Trends and business opportunities. Where do you see the market needs for 2050?
- Innovation concept development. What is your innovative product or technology for Adhesive Technologies, Beauty Care or Laundry and Home Care?
- Sustainability impact. How does your idea contribute to sustainable development in the Henkel focal areas? What’s the impact of your innovation along the value chain? Complete the sustainability matrix.
To complete your submission, state your motivation to participate and fill in your CV information. You can use the brainstorm booklet to create with your teammate before uploading your idea.
Ensure you read the rules of participation before applying.
For more information, visit Henkel Innovation Challenge.