Deadline:February 20, 2015
Fortum invites residents of Finland and Sweden to become a part of the developing world of energy by competing in its Innovation Challenge. Fortum is one of the leading energy providers in Finland and Sweden. Fortum’s purpose is to create energy that improves life for present and future generations, and since its founding in 1998 Fortum has continually provided sustainable solutions to its customers.
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- Residents of Finland or Sweden
- who are 18 years or older
- and have the possibility of working for Fortum during the summer of 2015
- Employees of Fortum, including participants of the jury and persons consulted by the jury are Ineligible
- Partners and family members of the jury, or persons with close connection to members of the jury are ineligible
- Note: You can compete as an individual or in a team of two
- 6-8 Weeks paid internship at Fortum’s offices in Stockholm if you live in Sweden, or at Fortum’s offices in Espoo if you live in Finland (Summer 2015)
- Opportunity to develop your idea & build a valuable network for the future.
- The two winning teams from Sweden and Finland will go on a fully paid study trip to Silicon Valley together with Fortum
Entries would be judged based on the following criteria:
- Implementable: the idea needs to be realistic and possible to implement
- Innovation height: is your idea a solution for the next generation?
- Sustainability: the idea needs to be financially, environmentally and socially sustainable
- Customer benefits: the idea needs to provide clear customer benefits and have the potential to reach a large market
- Register for the challenge
- Submit your case solution – an illustration, a pitch and a presentation
- once you have submitted your entry you can share it with friends. Use the sharing symbols to choose how you wish to share your entry. You can see the ranked list of entries with the most likes in the competition gallery.
- On January 26 the team from Finland and the team from Sweden with the most likes will be contacted.
- One coach from Finland and one from Sweden will send feedback on the two entries by January 29.
- Selected finalist teams will be coached by a mentor
- The two teams will have a opportunity to re-submit their entry by February 20