Deadline: December 28, 2014
The Vietnamese German University (VGU) in Ho Chi Minh City, is now recruiting full-time lecturers with PhD, who have a strong background in research. VGU is the first autonomous, research oriented state university of the Vietnamese Government’s New Model University Project founded in 2008. They are providing excellent study programs in the fields of engineering and business.
The teaching workload will be limited to 8 periods/ week. VGU expects its lecturers to establish their own research fields, supported by attractive startup-endowments. Our lecturers get personal tutoring by experienced scientists from Germany and VGU, and will have access to our strong network of German universities and research institutes.
According to their qualification, candidates will be hired as full-time lecturer with the chance to further develop their career at VGU and apply for a professor title later. All VGU lecturers benefit from attractive salaries in a modern working environment.
Contract Type: Full-time fixed term with the option of permanent contract
- An excellent research environment
- An appealing startup – endowments up to $10.000 for research activities
- An attractive salary and benefit package
- 13th month salary
- Teaching workload limited to 8 periods/week
- Personal tutoring by experienced professors from Germany and VGU
- Access to our strong network of German universities and research institutes
- The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in GIS and environmental management and able to teach and do research in the field.
- Teaching comprises lectures about spatial data modeling and analysis, ecological management in urban development, basics of GIS and CAD and should reflect current research.
- Recent fields of research include city data modeling, environment data modeling, adaptation and mitigation strategies for climate change, cyber city, smart cities.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to the development of the study program “Sustainable Urban Development” in consultation with the study program coordinator and the German partner universities in Darmstadt.
- The candidate should significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU. This includes comprehensive activities in fundamental as well as applied research, also in cooperation with industry in Vietnam. Generating externally funded research projects, supervising bachelor and master theses and leading PhD students to doctoral degrees is essential.
- The language for lectures and research at VGU is English.
- Candidates must hold a PhD in any case; professor title will be a plus.
- Prerequisites for the recruitment are an outstanding academic record with focus in Environmental Engineering, Informatics or other areas closely related to it, including publications in international, peer-reviewed journals, an excellent doctorate, as well as proven teaching experience.
- The candidate must have excellent proven English speaking and writing abilities.
- The demonstrated ability to secure external funding and experience in guiding PhD students is desirable. The candidate should also show management skills.
- Candidate with doctor title from well-known international universities, especially in Germany will be favored. First-hand experiences with the German higher-education system are a plus.
Please email a PDF or MS Word DOC (in English) with the following documents (max. size: 5 MB) as part of your application to professorship(at)vgu.edu.vn:
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications)
- Scans of relevant attained university degrees and other certificates
- Scans of language certificates
- References illustrating your professional and academic career including contact details of references
- Evaluation results for teaching (if applicable)
- Form for basic information (Please download and complete this form electronically, then send together with your application)
(All of the above documents need to either be in English or include a translation)
All applicants will pass through VGU’s recruitment procedure which includes an assessment by our International Search and Nomination Committee.
For more information, visit Vietnamese German University.