Deadline: February 8, 2015
FOREST EUROPE invites individuals to the second edition of the Show Off Your Forest Photography Contest. This year, they are setting a new photographic challenge: show how forests protect us and how we can protect them. Their interest is for you to tell them with the aid of one or several photos the benefits forests provide us with and how they protect us. Show what threats they face and what would happen if forests were not protected. Show how they are being protected and how you can protect them.
For over two decades, the signatory countries of the FOREST EUROPE process have been developing policies and tools to protect forests, promoting sustainable management, education and research on forests, and raising awareness of how forests contribute to a healthy environment and human well-being.
The 2014 edition looks at two categories:
Mobile: Photo taken with a mobile phone or tablet camera and
Camera: Photo taken with a digital camera. Click here to view the requirements of each categories.
- First places in the two categories: The winners of the Show Off Your Forest photography competition will be given a trip for two to a protected forest area in Spain. The prize includes the airfare and hotel accommodation, in addition to a guide who will accompany the winners on their visit to the nature park.
- Second places in the two categories: The winning participants of the second prize in the Show Off Your Forest competition will be given a Nikon D3100 photographic camera and a professional waterproof case.
- Accesit Mobile and Digital camera category: The winners of this prize will get two mountain garments, comprising a pair of Forcau Red trousers and a Mountain of Winter Softshell polar jacket.
- Draw: All users registered on the competition website will go into the draw for 5 batches of Secrets of Galicia artisan products, which include: honey, chestnuts, jam, cake, chocolate filled sweets and the book “The Sacred Forest of Lugo”.
- This competition is open to every individual from around the world.
Send questions and inquiries by e-mail to [email protected]
For more information, visit Forest Photography Competition.