Deadline: December 29, 2014
Develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions interact. Google is currently hiring people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. The internship will last for 12 weeks (from May to September 2015) and will be based in one of their largest global engineering centers in Sydney, Australia.
At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The responsibilities of the internship position are:
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Paid internship (Salary unspecified)
- The candidates must be currently pursing a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree in Computer Science or related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Candidate should have experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Excellent C++, Java and/or Python skills.
- Complete Online Application.
For more information, visit Internship at Google.