BuzzFeed is looking for a sharp, obsessive, and intrepid reporter to cover stories of regional and global importance out of Nigeria.BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company that is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 175M.
The successful candidate will have reporting experience in Nigeria or the region, a developed roster of contacts in both politics and culture and the desire and ability to shake things up. She or he will be able to cover both breaking news and in-depth stories, reporting deeply on Boko Haram, diving into Nigeria’s film, fashion and tech scenes, and making the ins and outs and the stakes of Nigerian politics clear and interesting to a global audience.This job is based in Lagos or Abuja.
Applicants should be
- enthusiastic about writing captivating, nuanced stories that a global audience will want to read and share.
- hard-working, ambitious, and a competitive team player with broad interests and an established social media presence.
Competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Write and produce stories that people will want to share
- Be plugged into the social media conversation around Nigeria
- Write unique features that advance the conversation about Nigeria
- Great news judgment.
- Reporting experience
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- Solid list of contacts and sources
- Established social media presence
- Apply online here
- Submit at at least three clips and three pitches
- Include resume and cover letter in your application
For more information, visit Buzzfeed Jobs