Apply for Internship in Media Relations – Germany
Deadline: Not Specified
Ecosia, one of the leading social businesses and the first BCorporation in Germany are looking for a passionate Media Relations Intern to join their ambitious team of nine based in Berlin for a paid internship.
Also known as the search engine that plants trees, Ecosia’s mission is to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, they want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees by 2020. They have 2 million users, 20 million searches, and more than 1,000 user evangelists.
As an intern at Ecosia, you are to
- Own all facets of Ecosia’s English and German-language media relations.
- Build and maintain relationships with international journalists & bloggers.
- Routinely cold-call and pitch stories to relevant outlets and writers.
- Routinely draft and distribute information to the media.
- Manage social media channels and field feedback.
- Build and maintain a database of media contacts.
- Build and maintain media kits.
- Field all media requests.
- Monitor media coverage.
- Possibly co-ordinate events or promotions.
- Fair compensation package (1000-1500 EUR depending on experience).
- Opportunity to promote a product used by millions of users.
- Fun and friendly atmosphere (smart colleagues and a supportive team included).
- Chance to be part of a meaningful challenge.
- Great place to grow and break out of your comfort zone.
- And plenty of coffee and organic apples.
- Fluent spoken and written English and German (native language skills a bonus).
- Exceptional people skill.
- Fearless persistence in cold-calling.
- Propensity for relationship building via phone and e-mail.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude and readiness to roll up your sleeves.
- Readiness to work closely with the communications team.
- Respect and passion for the core values.
Simply send your CV and Cover letter to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Media Internship in Germany.