Deadline: February 5, 2015
Applications are open for the first Peace Revolution BRIDGE Fellowship in Georgia taking place from 5-9 May, 2015. Peace Revolution will bring together 30 young people from all East Europe and Central Asia (aka BRIDGE) region countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real change in the world. This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
- To bring young leaders and activists from the BRIDGE countries together, and provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by dialogue and cooperation.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support personal and professional development.
The fellowship covers:
- Local transportation
- Retreat fee
- Partial sponsoring of airfare*
*Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 18-30 years old.
- Candidates must be nationals and residents of these countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- Age required between 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show potential leadership, and have a genuine interest in peace and dialogue.
- Preference would be given to young leaders who are actively working in democracy, sustainable development, human rights and peace-building within the areas of society, culture and media.
- Application Deadline – February 5th, 2015 (last date to apply online)
- Eligibility Deadline – February 28th, 2015 (last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
For more information, visit BRIDGE Fellowship 2015.