Apply for the PhD Fellowship – Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Apply for the PhD Fellowship – Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Deadline: March 1, 2015

The Franz Rosenzweig Minerva Research Center for German-Jewish Literature and Cultural History at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites individuals for the award of doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships for the academic year 2015/16.

During this period the fellows are expected to conduct their research in Israel and to participate in the workshops, colloquia and all activities of the Rosenzweig Minerva Research Center. This call is open to all proposals within the scope of the center’s research interests and activities.


  • A monthly stipend of 5,500 NIS (1,175 euros).
  • International applicants will be entitled to health insurance coverage.
  • Fellows from abroad will also be allotted a round-trip flight (up to $800 or €600).


  • Candidates may be of all nationalities.
  • Israeli citizens applying for a doctoral fellowship must be registered at the Hebrew University as a Ph.D. student.
  • Israeli citizens who are registered as Ph.D. students at a university abroad will be treated as international applicants.
  • Candidates must have fair knowledge of the German language, that is the ability to read texts in German and to follow lectures given in the German language.
  • Candidates interested in a postdoctoral fellowship must have been awarded their Ph.D. no earlier than October 1, 2011.
  • Candidates can submit an application for a post doctoral fellowship as long as they submit their dissertation no later than June 1, 2015.
  • Applications for a doctoral fellowship can only be accepted if the applicant has been a Ph.D. student for no more than five years.

Application Process

Apply online here. The following documents should also be submitted:

  • Application Form
  • Application Letter
  • Research proposal (3 – 10 pages)
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • An example of written work, maximum of 30 pages
  • Two letters of recommendation
  • Official M.A. or Doctoral Diploma

All material can be written either in English, German or Hebrew.

For more information, visit Hebrew University Fellowship.