Apply: IATA International Graduate Internship Program for Recent Graduates
Deadline: Always Open
Applications are constantly open for the International Graduate Internship Program at International Air Transport Association (IATA). IATA Internships incorporate talented, innovative and motivated individuals, fresh from academic training, into the IATA working environment. Each intern has significant opportunities to demonstrate skills as well as to learn and develop in an international business environment.
IATA strives to attract the very best and brightest recent graduates from around the world. These interns are exposed to the unique challenges faced by IATA and contribute to our work in supporting our members and our industry by performing junior professional tasks.
Internships at IATA are available in two programs:
- International Graduate Internship Program (IGIP) – full-time opportunity for recent university graduates
- Undergraduate Internship Program (UIP) – part-time opportunity for current undergraduate students
Eligibility for International Graduate Internship Program (IGIP)
Candidates for the IGIP must possess the following basic qualifications:
- University degree: Candidates must have a university degree (Bachelor degree as a minimum). The degree must have been achieved within the last 12 months.
- Fields of study: Economics, Law, Political Science, Engineering (particularly Aeronautical Engineering), Business Administration (particularly Aviation/Airline Management) or Information Technology. Other areas may be considered if relevant to the specific internship.
- Language requirements: Excellent spoken and written English. Fluency in other major languages is always considered a plus.
The IGIP opportunities cover all areas of IATA activities. The internships may be based out of our Geneva, Montreal, Madrid, Miami or Singapore offices. Interns perform junior professional tasks with the following features:
- A specific goal/objective
- A sound business justification for IATA
- A clear learning dimension for the intern
All IGIP interns have IATA managers as their mentors. These mentors serve as the primary supervisor as well as the main guide for individual development during the internship.
The following conditions are offered to IGIP participants:
- Work/residency permits: IATA will process the required permits for successful candidates
- Living Allowance: IATA will pay a living allowance to support the student during the internship:
- Geneva – 3,500 CHF
- Montreal – 2,000 CAD
- Madrid – 1,500 EUR
- Miami – 1,800 USD
- Singapore – 2,400 SGD
- Insurance coverage: IATA provides professional accident insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
- Health insurance coverage is required and is the responsibility of the intern.
Duration: Internships are on a full-time basis from 2 to 6 months, depending on the assignment.
Travel Expenses: For interns that do not reside in the location of the IGIP assignment, IATA assumes the travel expenses to bring the intern to our office at the beginning of the internship and back to her/his home country at the end of it.
The IGIP is constantly open. Please consult their website in IATA Job Search and apply directly online. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.