Great Minds Student Internships at IBM Research in Zurich and Dublin 2015
Deadline: February 16, 2015
IBM Research is accepting nominations for the Great Minds Student Internships. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich or Dublin for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2015. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland or Ireland, respectively. IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
IBM Research is conducting the Great Minds internships for the seventh time. The experiences on both sides have been very positive. This program also benefits faculty members when the Great Minds winners bring back to their universities or departments a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa, in a Master’s program in
- Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Software Engineering,
- Industrial Engineering or
- Service Science
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- Qualified women are encouraged to participate in this competition.
IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
List of participating countries:
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Macedonia, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia
Slovakia, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
Nomination and Participation Details
- Participants must be nominated by a faculty member. A recommendation letter from a faculty member is mandatory.
- To participate in the Great Minds competition,
Students need to submit their current CV and a short position paper (1–2 pages) to their nominating professor.
The CV should include:
- The position paper (1–2 pages) should address the following points:
- What do you see as the most interesting and relevant applications in your areas of interest (selected from the lists Zurich or Dublin)?
- In your opinion, what are the most important technical challenges in these applications?
- What do you personally want to achieve in these fields?
- What would you like to accomplish during an internship at IBM Research?
For more information, visit Great Minds Student Internships at IBM Research.