Deadline: February 22, 2015
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe is now accepting applications for the 2015 Seed Funding for Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation. The Seed Funding for Africa Europe Youth Co-operation is a grant allocation intended to promote Africa Europe youth exchanges, networking and political participation of non-state actors.
It aims at funding initiatives which provides the possibility for youth leaders, youth workers, experts and trainers to participate in Euro African Youth activities and youth exchanges projects. The Seed Funding also aims to strengthen the role of youth organisations as civil society actors and youth leaders’ ability to organise and take action as well as strengthen young people’s political participation in Euro-African co-operation.
Projects that respond to the thematic priorities identified in the 3rd Africa-Europe Youth Leaders’ Summit (30th March-2nd April 2014). These are highly encouraged in this call as well as follow-up initiatives of the Summit
- Youth Leadership
- Youth Entrepreneurship
- Youth as Peace Builders
Implementation period 15 April – 15 October 2015.
- The grants are of a maximum 2500€ (two thousand and five hundred euros) per project/organisation.
- The application should be submitted by a youth organisation, network or non-state actor at local, national, (sub)regional or international level that is active in promoting Africa Europe Youth Co-operation;
- Applicant organisation must have a bank account open in the name of the organisation, since payments will be made through bank transfers only;
- Priority is given to projects presented by organisations coming from Africa and/or from the African Diaspora Living in Europe, and organisations/networks that submit projects which will allocate the grant support for African youth participants in the project and/or participation of African Diaspora in the project;
- The participants in the project benefiting from the grant should be under 35 years of age;
- Innovative projects with an experimental approach are encouraged to apply;
- Projects foreseen in the framework of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship (e.g. African University on Youth and Development) are also highly encouraged;
- Applications can be submitted in English or French.
The following costs are eligible for the grant:
- International and local travel
- Board and lodging
- Visa expenses
- Fees for experts (e.g. trainers, facilitators, speakers and others)
- Administrative costs (materials, postal costs, communication)
How to Apply
- Download the application form for the submission of your project to the Seed Funding grant for Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation.
- The application form is enough but you may also attach supporting documentation to your application, if you wish.
- The application should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] or fax nº: +351 213 584 072
For more information, visit Seed Funding for Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation.