Call for Nomination: UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board 2015-2017
Deadline: March 2, 2015
UN-Habitat invites nominations for the 2015-2017 Youth Advisory Board. The Youth Advisory board advises UN-Habitat on strategies to engage young people in sustainable urbanization and urban development, and seeks to strengthen youth participation and advocacy in youth-led initiatives.
The Board will serve a two year term and comprises 12 advisors (one male and one female youth) from Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, North America and West Asia. Additionally, the board includes one youth observer representing young people with disabilities and two observer members (one youth representative from informal settlements and one external advisor), appointed by UN-Habitat.
Given the important and unique mission of UN-Habitat, they are especially interested in nomination of young people who meet the following requirements:
- Candidates should be between 18 and 32 years old at the time of the elections.
- Candidates must be members of youth-led or youth-servicing organizations and have access to youth networks within their regions.
- For communication purposes, candidates must have good oral and written skills in English. Fluency in other United Nations languages is an asset.
- Candidates should have access to, and be reasonably proficient in, worldwide communication technologies.
- Candidates must be available and accessible for conference-calls with the rest of the members, UN-Habitat representatives, and to avail themselves for Board activities.
- Candidates are eligible for nomination from a region where they have proven residency of five (5) years or longer.
It is expected that the Youth Advisory Board members shall avail themselves to attend youth focused meetings as required by UN-Habitat, and provide quarterly reports to the organisation detailing activities and impact at local, national and global levels.
For more information and to apply, visit UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board.