Deadline: March 21, 2015
WoMED is the acronym for Women of the Mediterranean: next generation of leaders, a new training program created by Sciences Po to support and guide high-potential young Mediterranean women in their professional and personal fulfillment.This two weeks training aims to boost the professional growth of a group of young leaders from the countries of the Mediterranean.
- The first edition of WoMED training will be held in Paris and Brussels from June 1st to June 15th 2015.A total of 22 women will be selected for the first cohort.
- Candidates will have access to Sciences Po’s scientific and academic know-how and will be given the chance to meet high level senior representatives of the French and European public scene.
- Training will include (1)modules on law, (2)leadership, (3) management and gender, and(4) conflict resolution specifically designed for the program.Schedule and Courses details will be posted.
- The second and third edition of the training will ensure the perpetuation of the network, as well as the sustainability and renewal of the project in Europe and in the Mediterranean region.
- The project is designed to last three years, but could be extended to last longer.
- Trainees must be between 25 and 35 years old.
- Eligible nationalities:
- Being an agent of change:
- Entrepreneurs, CEO, COO, founders of ecommerce platforms, start-ups, companies etc.
- Artists, musicians, dancers, film makers, etc.
- Humanitarian or civil/women rights activists.
- Exhibit a commitment to return to their country of origin and utilize their new skills and know-how to spread the culture of equality and fight for gender parity.
- Promoting gender equality;
- Communication skills.
- candidates who will be required to demonstrate at least high-intermediate proficiency in the language of instruction (English and/or French).Candidates will be required to demonstrate their language level in the course of instruction in one of several ways:
Option 1: provide an official language certification taken within the last three years (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, TOEIC, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English results OR proof of studies in English).
Option 2: Skype interview with the Programme Manager.
The following expenses will be covered by the organizers:
- Travel fare for one person (round trip to Paris)
- Accommodation and lunches
- Training materials (documentation, articles and papers for the training week
- Travel expenses to Brussels
- Visa fees
- Closing dinner
Submit the following documents to [email protected]
1. A Curriculum Vitae (EN or FR)
2. A Cover Letter: (Word/PDF format, up to two pages) in which the candidate will indicate the benefits she would acquire from the training and how she would consider applying her new skills in her professional careers.
3. Two Recommendation letters
The email must be sent under the subject “WoMED Application FORM 2015”.
For more Information, visit WoMED or e-mail: [email protected]