Deadline: March 18, 2015
Are you playing an active role in the fight against poverty? Do you want to participate in Europe’s largest forum on development? Do you want to have a say in the debates that shape development policy and share your vision of the future with global leaders? If yes, then apply for the Future Leaders Programme and win an invitation to the 2015 edition of European Development Days (EDD15), to speak about issues you are passionate about, alongside world leaders!
They are looking for 12 extraordinary young people ages 21-26 from around the world who can represent the powerful impact that youth are having in the development field. The finalists will be ‘movers and shakers’ in their communities who are able to speak at a high-level about a topic they are passionate about, outlined in the EDD programme.
The topics of EDD15 include: (please refer to the EDD15 website for more detail on each session topic)
- Halting Climate Change And Building Resilience
- Sustainable Energy For Growth
- An Urban World: Challenges And Opportunities
- Gender Rights
- Right to Health
- Inclusion and Inequality
- Feeding the Planet Together
- Fair Globalisation
- Growth And Poverty Eradication
- Decent Jobs
- Global Citizenship
The 12 finalists will be invited to speak alongside key political leaders at EDD15 in Brussels on 3 & 4 June, all expenses paid.
During your visit to Brussels, you will have the opportunity to visit the European Institutions and participate in debates with leading thinkers about development policy, as well as share your story.
Open to young leaders who have you been involved in innovative projects to address global challenges in your community
- Applicants must be between 21 and 26.
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality.
- Applications must be submitted in one of the following official European Commission languages: English / French / Spanish / German / Portuguese. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in one of these languages. Passive translation will be provided if necessary during EDD15 for those languages.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in EDD15 in Brussels.
Applications will be evaluated based on three criteria:
- 40% Your knowledge of your chosen topic and the relevance of your active engagement. We encourage candidates to show how their activities have had an impact on the community.
- 30% Your role as a legitimate representative of an organisation, other youth or community, and your leadership experience or potential.
- 30% Your public speaking skills and ability to speak at a high-level panel.
For more information, visit Future Leaders Programme.