OFID – UNDP Cross-Regional Grants Competition 2015 for Nonprofit Organizations
Deadline: March 30, 2015
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) invite non-profit organizations from Europe and Central Asia and the MENA region to submit their project ideas to the OFID-UNDP Cross–Regional Grants Competition and jointly develop, test, or share innovative and scalable solutions to development challenges from the two regions.
Do you have a project idea that can bring positive change at the community – level, not only in your own country, but in a different region as well? Can your project be implemented in a cross-regional partnership? Enter now for the Cross–Regional Grants Competition! The grants of minimum US$20,000 to maximum US$55,000 will support projects over a 12-month period.
The two thematic priorities of this competition are:
- Priority 1: Affordable energy and water solutions: looking into technological solutions that combat the lack of access to energy or water;
- Priority 2: Economic governance and employment: addressing the need for a more inclusive labor market while increasing the capacity of people to access it.
The grants will be awarded to non-profit organizations from the following countries:
- Middle East and North Africa: Djibouti, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Somalia, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen. Note: special preference will be given to applications from NGOs and/or involving NGOs from Djibouti, Morocco, Somalia, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
- Europe and Central Asia: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Tajikistan, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
How to Apply
The OFID – UNDP Cross-Regional Grants Competition has two submission phases:
- Expression of Interest phase: Potential applicants briefly explain their project idea within their organization background and qualifications. They fill in the Annex A- Expression of interest form and submit it no later than 30 March 2015, 17:00 (GMT+2). The form has to be sent together with a copy of the certificate of registration translated into English indicating non-profit status of the organization to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Full application phase: After a favorable selection of the Expression of interest, the applicants establish/strengthen the partnership with at least one more organization from the other eligible region. They jointly develop a detailed project proposal and budget.
For more information, visit OFID–UNDP Cross-Regional Grants Competition.